Sunday, October 12, 2008

Emotional Authenticity

Emotional Authenticity...

What the heck does that mean? According to my fingerprints, I am in both the “schools” of Love and Wisdom.

Being in the school of love (seven or more loop prints—I have eight), I am here to learn to love myself and others. To stay present with myself and my emotions and convey my feelings, in other words, don’t hold back.

And I do hold back. I keep it all tucked in tight. I think I’m better now with age, but I still don’t want to face certain scenarios. Avoidance is so much easier, sigh. And though, I do face up to my responsibilities, I tend to wait to the last minute (procrastination—a school of wisdom thing).

So, emotional authenticity means being true to oneself; saying “yes” to oneself; exposing oneself by saying what you feel?

Loving oneself and others… I feel love for others all the time. Especially animals and plants (they don’t often talk back). Oh, I love my kids and family, my friends (close ones of which are few), but I do tend to keep to myself. A hermit in magician’s clothes.

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Which leads to the school of Wisdom (two or more tented arched fingerprints). Utilize what you know. Quit being an observer, (I’m so good at that, I love being an observer) and tell others because you do KNOW so much.

It’s all about learning, and that’s what I love to do… learn, But the school of wisdom says, I need to let the knowledge out. Speak up. Voice a knowledgeable opinion. There’s so much stuff I do know about, and sometimes, I’m amazed at myself… but at the same time, so little I know. I humble down.

The school of wisdom is not about acquiring wisdom, it’s about releasing it.
I’m a Virgo, and a healer (typical Virgo) with many vertical lines beneath my pinky finger. A healer to healers.

I don’t know much about how a car functions, that’s what I pay the nice man for, but I do know how people function.

I’m very interested in what’s ailing you. I want to fix it. I KNOW I can.
So the school of Wisdom places me in the lion’s den of knowing, but not voicing.
Talk to me.

It’s time for me to voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment