Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Who's Walking Down the Streets of the City... ?

... Everyone knows it's Windy."

I just heard it. Mr. Man pronounces my name, which is Wendi (WHEN-dee... you know, like in Peter Pan), “Windy” (WIN-dee... as in gusts of air).

Why does this bother me? I'm not sure.

Perhaps it bothers me that I hadn’t noticed before? (And we’ve known each other for how long… nine years?)

Perhaps because he thinks wind is the only thing blowing around in my head making the name more appropriate? Could be true at times.

I’ve certainly been called “Windy” many times before by people who don’t matter, but by my own sweetheart, all the time? And when I finally caught it and corrected him, he shrugged it off like it doesn’t matter. :-/

Maybe I should retaliate and call Mr. Man (Tony), Tuney… or better yet, Teeny!

I guess I should be happy he at least spells my name, Wendi (with an "i"), correctly (but not always). Grrrr.

Men.

(Teeny... that's a good one, [tee-hee] but not true ! It wouldn't reform him anyway.)

Oh well. I guess I better just blow this one off.

2 comments:

  1. Names are important. I say pester him until he gets it right :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll try.

    "Oh Teeneeey..." :-)

    ReplyDelete